Shanley Triggs, a native Vermonter, is a self-taught artist who has been painting in watercolors for more than 20 years. She has won awards for her work including ‘Best in Watercolor’ at the ‘For Art’s Sake Festival’ in Stowe, Vermont and has been a participant in the following:
- ‘Arts Alive’ in Burlington, Vermont
- Reflections on Basin Harbor’ in Vergennes, Vermont
- June Juried Shows with Northern Vermont Artists Assoc.
- Firehouse Gallery Group Show in Burlington, Vermont
- Shelburne Art Center group shows in Shelburne, Vermont
- Vermont & Southern Vermont Artists Assoc. group shows
Shanley was one of tweleve ‘On the Grounds Artists’ at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, Vermont in 2006. She was accepted and has taken part in Vermont Week at the Vermont Studio School in Johnson, Vermont and in 2007 was awarded an artist development grant by the Vermont Council on the arts.
Shanley teaches watercolor painting workshops about twice a year as time allows.
She lives in Milton, Vermont where she draws her inspiration from nature or just simply from how light falls on a table, or a flower, or a China teacup.
Throughout the year, Shanley Triggs shows her work at juried fine arts and crafts festivals and the juried Artist Market in Burlington, Vermont.